It’s that time of year again, friends. Today I turned 24 which ultimately is boring and uneventful because time is an illusion and I feel the same today as I did yesterday. But regardless of that, I want to share with you a list of 24 things I’ve learned this year. I’m killing it with these yearly posts. Gotta build that #brand. Anyway, without further adieu, here it is.
- Be thankful
- Forgive even if they don’t deserve it
- If you are uncertain, ask
- If you’re stuck in a rut, challenge yourself
- It’s okay to need time alone
- Starting over is always an option
- You won’t always feel this way™
- Moving will always suck
- Be patient
- Listen before you speak
- Don’t drink caffeine if you’re feeling anxious
- Drink more water in general
- You are not your limitations, weaknesses or illness
- Asking for help, although difficult, does not make you weak
- Sometimes you lose friends no matter how hard you try
- Don’t waste time regretting mistakes, learn from them and grow
- No one is perfect
- Life rarely goes as planned
- Question everything
- Don’t wait to make the changes you are passionate about
- Rest but don’t give up
- Buy things you like even if others don’t. You’re your own person for a reason.
- Be compassionate towards others as well as yourself.
What is the biggest thing you’ve learned in your lifetime?
Today I’m thankful for making it another year